Wednesday, 8 January 2014

What was Father Christmas thinking??

So, SmallDragon#2 received this book for Christmas...


It looked fun. The idea is that you do stuff to the book that you wouldn't ordinarily do to a book. SmallDragon#2 proclaimed it to be the best book ever. 

So, he stabbed the page with a biro


And did numerous other things like rip out pages, tear them into strips, chew them, he held his pen to the page whilst jumping up and down... In short, he thoroughly enjoyed starting to work through the book. 

I, however, began to feel faintly queasy. That is NOT how you treat a book! It's just WRONG. I want to take the poor little book away, tape back its ripped up pages and stroke it gently to stop it shivering with fear. Except, as its owner rightly pointed out, this is what the purpose of the book is. I think it's best SmallDragon#2 will have to complete the book in private from now on. 

I will leave you with this: one page tells you to write the same word over and over again. I wonder what my intelligent, eloquent child, who attends a highly selective independent secondary school, chose to write...? Something deep and meaningful, I'm sure. 



I am SO proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment