Saturday, 1 January 2011

New year, new blog...

To be honest, I don't know what I'm doing here. Given that I've never managed to keep a diary for more than a month, I can see this falling by the wayside fairly quickly. On the plus side, at least this won't be full of teenage angst and tales of nights out fuelled by far to much vodka and not enough vegetables. Or, in the case of one diary attempt from back in the 1980's, inexplicably written using the Greek alphabet.

It has also thrown up a shopping opportunity - clearly I need one of those camera connection kits to go with my iPad to make uploading photos easier. Given that I've forked out for a bluetooth keyboard though, expenses are already running high and perhaps I should simply prise myself away from the kitchen table and the hot radiator to go and use the PC.

I've pulled a right dog tonight...
So, New Year's Eve and I find myself on the sofa with a slightly smelly, snoring spaniel. Making doughnuts from felt (me, not the spaniel). I'm not entirely sure how I ended up here, what with all the vodka fuelled nights out from the past, but it's not entirely displeasing. I'm not cold, I'm not wearing uncomfortable shoes and, in the morning, I won't have a headache accompanied by some slightly disturbing but worryingly incomplete memories involving a large political billboard, a wallpaper stripper and lots of giggling.

A wish for 2011


I do, however, wake up in the first morning light of 2011 to discover that I have created a blog and made the decision to write one. Which, in the grand scheme of possible things to wake up to, isn't bad at all.

I'm not sure where I'm headed with this. I'm hoping it will spur me on to do interesting things to blog about and rekindle my love of craft. I'm hoping it will spur me on to take fabulous photos with my new camera. I rather suspect it will spur me on to wittier aimlessly about nothing much and then peter out sometime around the 27th January.

No comments:

Post a Comment