![]() |
| My eyes! My eyes! I can't find my eyes! |
Today was the day of the Chicken. I would say that it was in honour of Chinese new year but, given that we are tigers turning into rabbits, that's not going to work. This was pure indulgence. Having spent the rest of the week doing chores, I wanted to make something. A thread on Mumsnet gave me my challenge - a small pyramid shaped chicken.
![]() |
| Cluck cluck! |
I Googled a pattern, shrunk it by half and made a few adjustments to make it look more like the picture someone had found on Etsy. Then I wasted another happy half hour, sewing it, finding the right button eyes and stuffing it with rice to give it a bit of weight. Then I took photos of it so that I could write this blog and make myself look like a fab person with interests. Hell, I'll even include instructions a link to the original pattern to make myself a proper craft blogger.
I also rushed out straight from the school run this morning to participate in one of my many other interests - Geocaching. a cache had been published a mile from my front door and I had a chance to get the FTF for it (First To Find). I had contemplated rushing out for it last night when I got the email notification but decided not to. A wise choice, as it turned out to be deep in a small wood which was spooky enough in daylight with no one around. Despite waiting til daylight. I was still the first person to find the tupperware box in the woods and claimed my prize; £1000 in used tenners a blank notebook to sign my caching name in. Trust me, it is fun, honestly! Returned home, triumphant, with a seriously muddy spaniel in tow. More chores. Sigh.


No comments:
Post a Comment